Tuesday, February 8, 2011

N. Wharton edg6931- Week One Reflections!

  1. What are your learning goals for this course?
  2. In what ways are you hoping to connect what you learn here with your own practice?

(1) Initially, the goal of this course will be to provide me with a more current approach to teaching methodology and in facilitating the learning process. Despite graduating seven years ago, it is obvious that technology is modifying and advancing the learning process. I know this is an area of weakness for me, which is why I enrolled in this program- to enhance my educational skills. Personally, I am hoping this class will teach me strategies along with ways of educating that will prepare my students for the 21st century job market. Lastly, I would like how to effectively transfer ownership of the learning process to the students in a motivating, effective, and engaging way. Personally, the last is the most relevant to my reason for enrolling in this course. As an educator, I want students to explore, expand, and create their own knowledge, with the intention that it will foster and encourage innovative thinking.

(2) As the course is titled “Personal Learning Environments for Inquiry K-12”, I am hoping to have students’ create/utilize/explore digital learning environments that encourage their interest, knowledge, and collaboration in regards to topics of interest. While working on the aforementioned topic, I hope to directly implement what I learn to improve my current curriculum. One of my hopes is that this course serves as a “Make and Take” course, where it provides me with educationally relevant ideas and concepts to enrich my current teaching environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment