Saturday, February 26, 2011

Change of Plans- Week 3/4

Throughout my journey of higher education, I have consistently completed task that were required. As I entered my PLE, I decided to complete a topic that I was going to be teaching to my sixth grade class. I figured this would be a great way for me to learn more about a topic, and in turn pass it onto my students. However, as I reviewed the syllabus, I realized that I am able to complete a PLE on any topic of interest, so officially I am changing my topic. My new topic is going to be "Wine Making", which is one of my biggest hobbies as a young professional.

As I was pondering the requirements of this course, I gazed across my basement and saw my carboy full of six gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon, which I am allowing to age before bottling. Over the course of my exploration of a vintner, I have had some really well formed wines, and some that leave much to be desired. Therefore, I am going to utilize this PLE to explore learning environments, while enhancing my knowledge and skills regarding wine making.

Truly, I can openly state that I am very excited to begin my exploration of the strategies, collaboration, and information to enhance my effectiveness in this hobby.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your new topic. Reading about wine making made me remember pleasent moments stored in my mind when I used to spend my summer vacations in my grandparent in Madeira Island. I remembered the harvest of the grapes and the crushing or stepping (and don´t know the correct word for this in english). I have an italian neighbor, veteran from II WW, who makes wine from raisins. I was really surprised when he told me. I wish your Cabernet Sauvignon to be very sucessful. Salut.

    ReplyDelete