Friday, March 4, 2011

Week Four- Social Networking

Nathaniel W.
Week 4

My experience within the social networking assignment would be best described as “enjoyable and efficient”. Knowledge is easily acquired, questions are professionally answered, and the ability to offer suggestions has advanced my knowledge within the science of wine making. It provides a learning environment, upon which all others should be build. The research based approach, networking with professionals, and ability to engage in knowledge acquisition, and cooperative collaboration; provides an ideal medium for the advancement of knowledge.

Within my networking in Diigo, I have been able to research, begin conversation, and ask questions to wine making professionals. This has led me to a deeper and richer understanding of the wine making process, while acquiring new strategies to add a unique spin on my home-made wines. The most impressive part is that it has all been done from the comfort of my own home. I have contacted various experts to ask my “pressing questions” regarding my wine making, with the hopes of becoming a better vintner.

Personally, I value the ease of access to professional information, while easily finding help from the comfort of my own home. Social networking sites have dramatically improved the ability to obtain and advance information within a desired field.

1 comment:

  1. I joined a wine ning too. You could try it, too, if you want. http://alineonwine.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete